As many of you know I am all about flowers – no matter what they are made of. I have a greenhouse full of orchids and craft room full of paper flowers. Flowers are also my favourite embellishment, I put them on every card I make.
Last month I got a great opportunity to become a member of a great design team at I am roses. Of course I said yes and this is my first challenge with them.
Our theme this month is Anyhing goes. Easy right? You can create anything you wish, but you have to incorporate white flowers!!!!!
For my first project as a IAR dt I made my first explosion box with a cake. This was a fun project to make. I had a little trouble with the cake, but it turned out ok. Projects like this take a lot of paper, time and embellishments.
Of course I had to use my beloved Tilda. I used Tilda hiding heart from With love collection, 2013.
For this explosion box I used:
- colors: TH distress ink markers and distress ink pads
- ink: archival black
- watercolor paper: Langton HP 300g
- design papers: Maja design – Sofiero
- stamp: Tilda hiding heart (With love coll, 2012), Happy Birthday sentiment
- die: DooHickey – tilda tag, heart swirl, leaf; Marianne – decorative elegance, Spellbinders
- punch: circle, MS – branch
- white cotton cord
- pearl string
- white lace
- white saten cord/lace
- flowers from I am roses
- stickles glue (stardust).
- Small White Paper Flowers – S10
- Small Soft Purple Paper Flowers – S10
- Mini White Paper Flowers – R2 – 15
- White Mulberry Paper Flowers – R4 – 15
- Soft Pink Mulberry Paper Roses – R8 – 2
- Mini Mixed Purple, Green, White Paper Flowers – R2 – 600
- White Mulberry Paper Flowers – R3 – 15
- White Curly Roses – G3 – 15
- White Mini Rosebuds – T1-151
Here’s a few seconds long YouTube video about my explosion box:
- My Mum’s Crafts shop: January challenge Love